The term paper
Term Paper Proposal
It’s time to think about your term paper. Please read these materials on essay writing carefully and write a proposal for your term paper. The proposal should include the title or subject of your paper (you may select a topic from the course syllabus), a brief description of your research project, that is, what your paper will cover, a thesis statement, an outline, and the citation information for the works to be cited. You will get one bonus point for this proposal. Its value, however, is far greater than the one point. You’ll need it to write a good term paper, which is worth 20 points. Since your term paper is a research paper, you need to include at least one academic source for your research. The assigned reading materials for this course can be such academic sources.
I strongly recommend that you check into the links on essay writing posted here:
Essay Writing and General Writing Tasks
Bare Bones of Essay Writing The Thesis Statement
The Thesis Statement
A good, clear, and effective thesis statement is crucial for producing a good, successful and well-focused research paper. A research paper is your report about your research. Thesis statement is a summary of your research result. It is the focus, the finding of your research. It is also your argument, or the point you are making by your research. Therefore, it would make sense for you to do some reading, i.e., research, and come up with some finding, or argument, before writing your research proposal, as well as the research paper.
An outline is your plan as to how you are going to write your report. It provides a structure for your research paper, or report. “The bare bones of essay writing” provides detailed guidelines for writing a good essay. It would be extremely helpful for learning to write a great essay.
my file should be saved as “Term_paper_your full name. ( Bandar)
The term paper will be a research paper (1,000 words).
All written work should be prepared in accord with the convention of scholarly writing.
– Be properly formatted (1’’ margins, 12pt. Times New Roman font, double-spaced, numbered pages)
– Be rigorously checked for spelling and grammar
– Include the title of your research paper, your name, student number, course title
– Provide citations for all sources and quotations.
– Include a complete bibliography at the end that includes only works that are cited
in the paper.
Topic : Discuss the role of rocks, water, paths and plant arrangements in Chinese garden.
– What kinds of rocks are used in Chinese garden? How are they arranged? Why are rocks used in Chinese gardens? What is the symbolic meaning of rocks in Chinese gardens?
– What are the special features of water surfaces in Chinese gardens and parks?
– What are the main types of garden paths? Why are garden paths are shaped as zigzag, rather
– Concerning plant arrangements, what plants and flowers are common in Chinese gardens? How
are they arranged? What are the symbolic meaning of the plants and flowers? –
Suggested thesis statements (Your thesis statement will be the focus of your research. You need to pick just one of the following):
– Rocks, water, paths and plant arrangements constitute the special features / elements of Chinese gardens. (Your paper will look into all these four special elements in Chinese gardens.)
– Rocks, paths and plant arrangements constitute the special features / elements of Chinese gardens. (Your paper will look into all these three special elements in Chinese gardens.)
– Rocks and plant arrangements constitute the special features / elements of Chinese gardens. (Your paper will look into all these two special elements in Chinese gardens.)