The purpose of this assignment is to broaden your understanding of the role of cross cultural understanding in visitor
management and for you to develop some guidelines to enhance visitor outcomes. To complete this assignment you are first
required to undertake some general research exploring why it is important to be aware of cross-cultural differences in visitor
behaviour. Then from this research, you can select one particular culture from the list of countries below that represents
some of Western Australia’s key tourism markets and develop some practical guidelines to assist local tourism and hospitality
• Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Korea, India, Indonesia.
Start your research by going to this website and reviewing the profile for the market you have selected.
A suggested format for the presentation of this 1,200 word assignment is presented below;
1. Title page – Include the assignment title, your name, student number and date of submission.
2. Introduction –restate the topic, outline the assignments aim and introduce the content that will follow.
3. The importance of understanding cross cultural differences in visitor behaviour
4. Industry Guidelines – understanding visitors from (insert your country or cultural group here)
5. Conclusion – Summarise the main elements of the assignment.
6. References – Formatted in the APA style. (recommend sourcing 10 appropriate references)
7. Formatting – Place a title at the top of page one before the introduction, include page numbers at the bottom of the
page, use a minimum of 12 point font, print on both sides of the page. Most importantly, ensure that your
assignment contains full in-text referencing in the APA style.
Report an abuse for product Tourism Planning