Tourism Planning | Tourism in Western Australia
Assessment 2- Assignment
2,000 word Individual Report comprising 20% of the unit assessment.
||This assignment accounts for 20% of the assessment in this unit.
||Week 7, Monday 5th September 2016
||Blackboard via Turn-it-in plus hard copy to lecturer
||2,000 words, 12 point font, 1 ½ line spacing
Learning outcome/s and Graduate Attributes
Completing assessment 2 will help you achieve the following learning outcome/s and ECU Graduate Attributes:
- explain the need for planned tourism development
- demonstrate an understanding of key terms, concepts and approaches related to tourism planning and development
- Ability to communicate
- ability to generate ideas and;
- critical appraisal skills
Before starting this assignment, you should read the relevant chapters of the text book. Additional resources including a link to the library e-reserve are available on Blackboard.
For this assessment you are required to write a 2,000 word report that will provide essential background information to help you complete assessment 3 and assessment 4. You are required to research and write up;
- An analysis of current market trends including the identification of the major source markets (domestic and international) for visitors to Western Australia. (Include graphs or tables that illustrate the trends for the different markets over the past 5 years and provide a prediction of the likely growth markets for the next 5 years).
- A review of relevant national and state tourism planning documents (Describe the key content of these documents and explain their relevance / impact for tourism planning in Western Australia generally and the Experience Perth Region specifically.
ECU Tip Sheets
WRITTEN ASSESSMENTS: http://intranet.ecu.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/20634/assessments.pdf
A marking rubric for Assessment 2 is provided atAppendix 1 of this document.
Report an abuse for product Tourism Planning | Tourism in Western Australia