PSY 400 Cognitive Dissonance Paper
Cognitive Dissonance Paper
- Identify a situation in which an individual has consciously made a decision to engage in a behavior that violated their cognitions–values, beliefs, attitudes, and morals (e.g., calling in sick to work when you are not actually sick, speeding, cheating on taxes).
- Prepare a 1,050 to 1,400-word paper in which analyze your identified situation. In your analysis, be sure to address the following items:
1) Describe your identified situation.
2) Analyze the social, cultural, and spiritual influences on the individual’s behavior and on his or her personal ethics.
3) Describe the reciprocal relationship between behavior and attitudes.
Explain how the individual could have used cognitive dissonance theory to rationalize his or her behavior.Order Now