Presentation | Labour Force in Australia
1. This assignment must be prepared and submitted individually, the work you submit must
be your own.
2. You should include a reference list for any textbooks, websites or other references you
use to prepare your answers. Apart from the reference list at the end of the report, use in
text referencing whenever appropriate.
3. Submit the assessment file using the following naming convention:
First Name_LastName_STAT201A_Presentation Assessment
2 files are to be submitted: the presentation file and the Excel file including the raw data
used in your presentation
Presentation Assessment Brief
Program Bachelor of Business
Subject code STATS201A
Subject name STAT201A – Research Enquiry for Managers
Assessment title Assessment – Presentation
Group or individual assessment Individual Assessment
Length max 10 slides
Learning outcomes addressed a), b), c), d)
Submission deadline Week 5
Total marks 20
HEP: HEP: NSW5028/CRICOS Provider Code NSW00246M
The purpose of this assessment task is practical application of descriptive statistics. You are
requested to search for real world data and process it using appropriate numerical and
graphical techniques covered in your course. You should make sure that the techniques
chosen are appropriate for the data type you are dealing with. The final outcome should be a
short presentation of maximum 10ss slides.
1. Find a reliable source of raw statistical data recently published in an area that
interests you. Reliable sources would be for example published research studies,
Australian Bureau of Statistics, international organisations such as International
Monetary Fund, Australian Bureau of Statistics etc.
2. Use appropriate graphical methods to present your data. Include a brief bullet
point explanation of the information presented in the graphs as well as brief
commentary on the appropriateness of the graphical methods used.
3. Based on the nature of your data, use appropriate numerical descriptive
measures to analyse and interpret your data. Include a brief bullet point
explanation of the choice of the measures as well as interpretation of their results.
4. Make sure you include references to the source of your data and include the data
Report an abuse for product Presentation | Labour Force in Australia