Assessment 2 – Media Journal
|Requirement / length
||Each week – One media item + 150 word analysis
||2 – 10
||Online via Turnitin / Moodle
|Time / Date/Week
||Part A: Class time / 23 Nov / Week 7 – Printed copy submitted in class
Part B: 11.55pm / 4 Jan / Week 11 – Submit complete Media Journal
From weeks 2 – 10 you need to identify one example of a media source (eg. Blog / News Story / Television show etc) and explain how the theoretical information presented in the weekly lecture and/or core reading can be identified in the media source.
For example, in week 2, you need to find a blog that is related to Ideology. In week 3 you need to find information from a large institution (eg Government) which is related to the theory of Discourse and Power.
Your Media Journal entry should include a link, screenshot or other evidence of the Media Source, as well as the analysis. All sources should be referenced and may include:
- An official website from a professional organisation (e.g. a government agency, the United Nations, or any official scholarly site)
- A blog (internet-based)
- A relevant social networking site. (This should not be, for example, Facebook generally, but a Facebook page or group. You may move beyond Facebook to Linkedin, FourSquare, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest or any other social networking tool, but please be discerning).
- A film or television show
- A relevant film from YouTube
- An online or offline newspaper or magazine article
Note: Each of these types of resources needs to be referenced correctly.
- Careful selection of media source
- Clear and coherent discussion of media source in relation to theory
- Clear expression and structure
- Effective and accurate use of writing and referencing
CMM1113D – WEEKLY SCHEDULE
||Lucy (2010, pp. 57-67)
||Media Journal Due
Part A (printed in class)
|Ritzer (2012, pp. 85-100)
|Environment & Consumption
||Dauvergne (2007, pp. 3-17; 19-31)
|Gender, Youth & Desire
||Orelebar (2011, pp. 63-77)
Report an abuse for product Media Journal