Info: Your assessment 3 — Marketing Mix Critique
Description of task
You are required to conduct a marketing mix analysis for an organization with reference to marketing management theory as covered in lectures and the textbook. The word count of your paper is 2,000 words. The weight is 40%.
The organisation this semester selected as client for assessment is Dan Murphy’s, an Australian liquor supermarket chain owned by Woolworths Limited.
As post-graduate students you are required to undertake research and analysis of this organization with reference to marketing management theory to understand how this business has been marketed over the years. Your assignment should be much more than description or opinion – it should show evidence of research with clear reference to marketing management theory as covered in lectures and the textbook and, for high achieving students, further reading.
All research and application of theory should be supported with in-text referencing using the APA system. Your reference list should also be in APA format. Comprehensive guidelines for APA referencing can be found in Cite-Write, which is downloadable from the QUT library home page (see links below).
It is important to note that:
- Unsupported general, descriptive or opinion based discussion in any section will result in very low marks.
- In particular for the 7Ps analysis and recommendations, discussion which is not based on theory from lectures, the textbook and tutorials will result in very low marks.
You should also try to visit the brand if possible. External students should be able to find a location in their vicinity if possible. Even if there is not a branch or agency near you, you can obtain a lot of relevant information from the web and other sources without having to actually visit a branch or agency.
Go to the Resource Folder to access the annual report and some IBIS World industry reports.
Additional resources for your research:
- Industry reports and market research: Find the right databases to research Australian and international industries and markets through the library resources.
- Newspapers and media: Find the right databases to research Australian and international news through the library resources.
- Statistics and country data: The Library provides access to specialist statistical databases and many statistics are also freely available online. Publishers include governments, international agencies, membership organizations and private entities.
- Advertising Ageis a global source of news, intelligence, and conversation for marketing and media communities.
You should follow a structured approach for your marketing report. Attached are some guidelines: Outline of assignment sections
Important formatting guidelines
- This report is to be prepared in a business-like manner that could be presented to the management of the company. The document should be in report format with a title page, table of contents, and suitable headingsto guide readers logically through the sections of the plan.
- Font: 12 point, Arial or Times Roman
- Spacing: Use at least 1.5 line spacing
- Margins: 25mm (or 1 inch) margins top/bottom/left/right
- Proofreadand edit your report carefully
There will be an upload link for Turnitin. You must use the following file name protocol for your document:
- [Student Surname][Student First Name]_[Student Number]_BRAND.docx
- Example: SmithJohn_123456_FLIGHT CENTRE.docx