Job / Task Analysis
Develop a job / task analysis for one (1) of the following positions:
- First-level clerk in a personnel office in a branch of the military
- An entry-level job in a customer service call center
- A cable installation service technician
- A retail sales clerk in a specialty paint store
Prepare a two to three (2-) page analysis in which you:
- Locate several job descriptions that apply to the position you have selected from the list above.
- Compare the common tasks and behavioral objectives contained within the job descriptions or lists of duties.
- Create a customized job / task analysis using the information you have found.
- Describe the organizational situation that will benefit from this type of job / task analysis.
- Identify opportunities for appropriate training to support this job and its corresponding tasks.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
You must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Design job and task analyses that align with the overall HRM strategy.
- Design training and development systems to improve employee performance.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic human resource development.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.