While destinations are very varied, we can identify four common features of most destinations… Destinations are:
2) Cultural appraisals,
3) Inseparable, that is, tourism is produced where it is ‘consumed’,
4) Used not just by tourists but also by many other groups.
1 – Amalgams
Most destinations comprise a core of the following components – the four ‘As’:
1) Attractions act to pull the visitor to the destination,
2) Amenities include accommodation, food and beverage
outlets, and entertainment.
3) Access incudes both local transport around the
destination and access to and from the destination.
4) Ancillary services (and products) come in the form of
local organisations, additional products (e.g., sky rental).