Global Politics Venezuelan Constitutional Crisis
Politics Paper Instruction
5-7 page paper analyzing your topic from a perspective and a level of analysis. Standard margins, 11.5 type, Times New Roman font. Papers should be sourced according to the guidelines in the link:
Paragraph 1 Intro –
Venezuelan Constitutional Crisis
During the past years Venezuela has suffered a constitutional crisis which has brought civil unrest in the country and has caused a potential civil war. After president Hugo Chavez’s long and corrupt presidency (1999-2003) in which he nationalized companies and extended his presidency until his death, came Nicolas Maduro who has caused socioeconomic outburst and constitutional dilemma to the point that thousands of citizens have spoken out and gone into protests that sometimes can become deadly. Venezuela’s civil unrest is due to the continuous clashing of identities in the domestic level. This ideals are the Chavistas, Maduristas, and the opposition.
- Paragraph 2 – Chavistas (why they cause unrest/ overview)
- Paragraph 3 – MADURISTAS (why they cause unrest/ overview)
- Paragraph 4 – Venezuelan Opposition (why they cause unrest/ overview)
- Conclusion – Restate Thesis (conclude paper)
Board, Editorial. “Prepare for the Worst: Venezuela Is Heading toward Complete Disaster.” The Washington Post, WP Company, 11 Feb. 2016, fc
- It is a reliable article from the Washington Post explaining Venezuela’s current situation with real stats and facts. The article perfectly explains the internal power struggle between the opposition and the government and their current courses of actions/positions. I plan to use its facts and data to support my thesis and further explain the problem.
Crisis in Venezuela.” CNN, Cable News Network, 7 Aug. 2017,
- This article is from CNN and it examines the domestic perspectives from a political and economical standpoint to the citizen’s situation and current way of living. I will choose it to further support the government’s mistakes and decisions that have contributed to this crisis and the horrible results they cause which show the extreme poor living condition
Muggah, Juan Carlos Garzón Robert. “Venezuela’s Raging Homicide Epidemic Is Going Unrecorded.” Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Times, 31 Mar. 2017, www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-garzon-muggah-venezuela-violent-crime-statistics-20170331-story.html
- The article examines how this crisis has drastically changed all of Venezuela’s data etc and has increased everything from dislike of the government to murder and death rates. I will use it to further support the poor living condition
Voxdotcom, director. The Collapse of Venezuela, Explained. YouTube, YouTube, 25 Aug. 2017, www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gUR8wM5vA.
- This video perfectly explains and illustrates the causes of this problem and with powerful information/facts found in places like “The WSJ”, “The Economist” etc… It will be helpful since it combines the best information from various sources to show and help explain better the constitutional crisis
Report an abuse for product Global Politics Venezuelan Constitutional Crisis