for Flossie 06 only
Select any new business idea; compile a preliminary assessment of the business opportunity and an outline of an abbreviated business plan. The 8-10 page project paper (excluding title and reference pages) must follow APA requirements and use five professional resources in addition to the textbook. The following details are to be included in your plan:
- Business idea
- Business type (new business, franchise, operating business)
- Core competency proposed for achieving competitive advantage
- MANAGEMENT SECTION
- The legal structure of your business
- Owners and key members of management team
- The staffing structure with key positions identified
- MARKETING SECTION
- An analysis of the environment, identifying major opportunities (and threats) that support the start up.
- Description and analysis of target market segments and positioning strategy
- Design of communication and promotional strategies
- FINANCIAL SECTION
- Financial requirements for start up or purchases
- Sources of financing
- Budget projections for one year
Writing the Project Paper
The Project Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Title of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least five professional resources, including a minimum of two from ProQuest.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide