Economic Oil Case Analysis Report | Plummeting Oil Prices
BECO001 Economics for Business
Semester 3, 2015
Assessment 3: Final case study report
Due date:Friday 4th December (Week 12)
Subject Learning Outcomes to be assessed:
- Describe and evaluate basic principles and concepts of economic theory as outlined in academic literature and their practical application to the business environment
- Analyse decision making processes and solve business problems relating to costs, output, prices and profit
- Analyse competition, business behaviour and the effects of changes in market conditions on industries and firms
- Demonstrate an understanding of markets and their limitations in allocating resources
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main mechanisms by which governments manage and/or intervene in the macro economy and how these impact on business
- Communicate economic and business information both orally and in writing through presentations and informal reports
| Identify Issues & Stakeholders
| Analysis & Discussion of Relevant Economic Theory
| Recommendation & Alternate Actions
| Overall Structure of Report & Clarity of Writing
| In- class reflection on learning
How do I structure my assessment?
You should structure your report in the style of a business report, which includes the following elements:
- Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Introduction (this can be your description of the main issue)
- Body (stakeholders and economic concepts)
- Recommendations of alternate actions
When do I use diagrams?
Use economic diagrams that you have learned in this subject, if they are relevant to the concept you are discussing. Your diagram should be explained in your written answer. Diagrams should be clearly labeled.
Where do I find sources?
The readings for each case study can be found on UTS Online.
What should my Turnitin originality score be?
Aim to keep your originality under 25%. Scores higher than this may receive a penalty or be investigated for academic misconduct.
What are reflection questions?
You will be given 3 short questions to answer in your week 12 tutorial. The questions will ask you to describe and reflect on your learning experience while doing this assessment. For example, you might be asked about a challenge you faced while doing this task, and how you addressed that challenge. You will do a practice reflection in your week 11 tutorial.
Report an abuse for product Economic Oil Case Analysis Report | Plummeting Oil Prices