business submission | Coca Cola
Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
Principle 6: The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
If not sure the meaning of principles, check https://www.unglobalcompact.org/what-is-gc/mission/principles/principle-1
Provide 2 recommendations based on these 2 principles, one positive & one negative.
2. Business Submission: 20%
Assessment 2 & 3 – A Business Scenario
The company you selected in Assessment One is currently a signatory to the United Nation’s Global Compact, or considering becoming a member. The United Nation’s Global Compact guides companies’ social performance. Like all signatories, your company would be or is planning to be a member of their Global Compact Local Network, which aims to achieve compliance with the ten principles of the Global Compact.
In this scenario, your company wants to identify ways of improving compliance to two of the Global Compact principles. Your task is to write a persuasive piece of internal communication addressed to your company, as a member of staff. The goal of the submission is to propose recommendations to achieve or improve compliance with two principles of the Global Compact. The two principles you will address will be determined in your tutorial by Module 6.
In your own words, the Submission (Assessment Two) will:
1. Review and present a selection of business practices and/or approaches from your company that may be used to achieve compliance to the two principles of the Global Compact. If your company is not yet a signatory of the UNGC, you can research the business practices from other companies in similar industries that are already signatories to help determine benchmarks for best practice, but remember to write your submission on your company.
2. Discuss both the positive and negative lessons learned from these business practices and approaches.
3. Develop business practice recommendations, which will improve compliance to the two Global principles. These
should be based on the review you have undertaken and your understanding of the lessons learned.
4. Discuss the benefits, challenges and risks for key stakeholders if these recommendations are implemented.
3. Word Limit: At least 1000 words, with a maximum of 1200 words. This INCLUDES in- text references.
Don’t slip up! Make sure you do not go over the maximum word limit. A 5% penalty will occur for every 50 words – or part thereof – over the maximum word limit. This will be strictly enforced.
The two principles chosen from the Global Compact may be different to the issue you discussed in Assignment One. You will continue to look at the same two principles in Assignment Three.
When proposing a set of recommendations, make sure to look at the supply chain of the business to understand how your two principles may relate to the operations of your business. It is then your task to develop a persuasive report recommending strategies that your company can adopt.
Make sure you understand your audience.
A copy of the marking key for this assessment is found under the Assessment Tab on Blackboard.
Once submissions have been made, you as the company representative will sit on an Executive board to examine all submissions and develop a unified approach to achieving compliance. This approach will need the support from the MAJORITY of the Local Network members before it may be approved and submitted to the United Nations for its record.
Report an abuse for product business submission | Coca Cola