Areas of a Business Plan
For this assignment complete the reading for each topic. Then, write a minimum of 100 word response to each topic answering all questions for that topic. The total length of the paper is to be 2 to 3 pages in APA format with a minimum of one reliable source cited for each topic (you can use attached articles as references).
Topic 1: Financials (min. 100 words & 1 reference)
In this discussion, please reflect on your comprehension of financial management and knowledge gained from the media concerning financial real world activities and events occurring in the US.
• What actions and behaviors of leaders and managers in corporations could influence the market value and price of stocks?
• In reflecting on the creation of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act to increase accountability through new mandatory standards, what are some possible explanations as to why unethical conduct occurs in financial management?
• What are some activities corporations can do to decrease overall unethical practices and promote good business ethics in the organization? +
Topic 2: Cash Rules (min. 100 words & 1 reference)
After reading Chapter 4: “Statements of Cash Flow & Analysis of Ratios,” along with any other research conducted, please discuss why comprehending and managing cash flow is important for financial success.
Topic 3: High Performance Teams (min. 100 words & 1 reference)
In the 21st century, more organizations are moving to the team concept to maximize overall organizational performance through the combined efforts of people. The old adage, “Two heads are better than one” has proven to be a valid statement, as organizations strive to face the many challenges in the internal and external environments.
In this discussion question, please find an article in an online Library relating to high performance teams. If possible, try to find an article on high performance teams in the type of business you selected for your business plan (Clothing manufacturing). Answer the following questions relating to the article and your own experience with business teams:
• Please describe the background for the article you researched and explain why this particular best practice scenario appealed to you. What did you learn from the article that you could apply in your business?
• What are some characteristics of high performance teams? What are the strengths and weaknesses of business teams? Please share your experiences as a team member in either a business or non-business environment.
Topic 4: Career planning (min. 100 words & 1 reference)
When you start a business you need to be able to sell yourself as well as your business ideas and plan. In order to get yourself on the right path to success, complete and answer the following:
Review career skills in the field of business and management and then create a 1-year action plan as to what specific actions you will take that will guide you towards realizing your ideal job.
Please include the following in your 1 year bulleted action plan:
Specify the ideal job you want.
• Determine what skills you need to get that job.
• What steps you will take to obtain the additional skills you might need?
• What networking avenues will you use to understand your field of interest, obtain advice, and help you increase professional development?
• How would you use a mentor or coach to assist you in personal branding?
Topic 5: Ethics (min. 100 words & 1 reference)
Currently, limited international laws exist in areas such as copyright/patent protection and confidentiality of information. Labor and environmental laws may vary significantly between the United States and many developing countries. In addition, although all countries have laws against bribery, there are some countries where corruption is quite common.
In this Discussion question, you are the owner of a manufacturing company, and you are considering a contract with a clothing manufacturer in Bangladesh.
Please address the following in your response:
• In reflecting on the limited international laws and regulations and the differences between the US and other countries, briefly discuss some guidelines (principles and concepts) that you would have in your code of conduct (ethical/social responsibility policies).
• Describe the ethical decision-making framework (What will shape your code?).
• What are expected behaviors and how will you address poor behavior?
• Given the existence of regulations and laws by the United States, international governing bodies, and global organizations, list the major concerns and issues that you will need to be mindful of in developing a code of conduct for working with a foreign business.
Report an abuse for product Areas of a Business Plan
Market value and prices of stocks are sensitive to major leadership issues in a corporation. Behaviors like inside trading or exit of trusted managers, fraud, leadership wrangles, and others affect their market value and stock prices. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act was meant to increase accountability by introducing standards of practices in governance and financial management. Unethical standards occur in financial management because of ineffective rules, greed, ineffective external regulations, and others. There are different activities that corporations can enact in to decrease unethical practices and promote good business practices. According to Dobson (1997) these include tightened internal regulations, adherence to external regulations, continued education on ethics and accountability for all senior management, and others.