For your first project assignment, identify a culturally diverse population within your community. This population will serve as the basis for your course project. Then draft a 3 pages paper that includes:
• A brief description of your target population.
• Advocacy processes for policies, programs, and services that are equitable and responsive to the unique needs of your target population and that address institutional and social barriers that impede access, equity, and success for this target population.
• How local, state, or national public policies may have impacted the delivery or accessibility of these services to your target population.
• NOTE: A description of three individual, couple, family, group, or community strategies appropriate for working with and advocating for your specific culturally diverse population within your community.
• NOTE: At least three community resources (internet links with brief explanations are acceptable) currently available to assist the members of your target community and an explanation as to how you can promote client understanding of and access to these resources.
• Reference materials from your studies and additional academic research from the Library that support the approaches, strategies, and techniques you have described.
NOTE: An assignment template has been created to assist you in developing your assignment.
• Number of pages: The paper should be between 3 pages in length.
• Written communication: Communicate your thoughts in a manner that conveys the overall goals of the assignment and is consistent with APA standards for style and professionalism.
• References: The paper must include a reference list. Include a minimum of 4 references from professional literature.
• Format: You must use proper APA style in listing your references. Refer to the APA Style and Formatting module. The APA Style Manual 6th edition for more information.
This is your paper’s introduction. Note, however, that it does not have a heading; its position at the beginning of the body of the paper implies that it is the introduction. Instead, include the title of your paper centered at the top of the page, not bolded; it is not considered a heading. In the body of your paper, indent the first line of each paragraph. As always, double space throughout and use 12-point Times New Roman font. For the purposes of this assignment, simply replace this text with a brief paragraph in your own words stating that this paper deals with identifying advocacy opportunities and activities for an identified client population , as well as what information you will be presenting.
Evaluate methods to advocate for policies, programs, and services that are equitable and responsive to the unique needs of clients and provide documented resources that support the evaluation. Provide a rationale for the selection of the methodology evaluated.
Identify Institutional and Social Barriers
Describe institutional and social barriers that impede access, equity, and success for clients from an identified population. Explain why these barriers are specific to the identified population.
Analyze the Impact of Local, State, and National Public Policies on the Quality and Accessibility of Clinical Mental Health Services
Analyze how local, state, and national public policies affect the quality and accessibility of clinical mental health services. Provide documented resources that support the analysis.
Identify Advocacy Strategies for Diverse Populations
Describe appropriate individual, couples, and family, group, and community strategies for working with and advocating for diverse populations, including multicultural competencies. Provide a rationale for selecting the strategies, supported by documented resources.
Apply Strategies to Promote Client Understanding and Access to Community Resources
Apply effective strategies to promote client understanding of and access to a variety of community resources. Provide a rationale for the strategies selected and describe the anticipated results.
(Include any sources that you used in your assignment. The reference below provides an example citation for an article.)
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (year). Title of article. Title of Periodical, volume# (issue#), xx–xx.