Whether in a scholarly or practitioner setting, good research and data analysis should have the benefit of peer feedback. For this Discussion, you will post your response to the hypothesis test, along with the results. Be sure and remember that the goal is to obtain constructive feedback to improve the research and its interpretation, so please view this as an opportunity to learn from one another.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review the Learning Resources and the media programs related to t tests.
• Using the SPSS software, open the High School Longitudinal Study dataset and construct a research question that involves a comparison of a means test.
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed and post your response to the following:
1. What is your research question?
2. What is the null hypothesis for your question?
3. What research design would align with this question?
4. What comparison of means test was used to answer the question (be sure to defend the use of the test using the article you found in your search)?
5. What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
6. What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
7. If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
8. Identify your research question and explain your results for a lay audience, what is the answer to your research question?