“If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties.”
Francis Bacon – The Advancement of Learning
Conflict Resolution is an essential element of life, but a task filled with so many diverse issues that not many can engage it without feeling a bit unprepared. Through the grace of God we have been given a wonderful ministry of reconciliation and direct commands to live at peace with others. The core outcome of this project is to allow you to practice the principles of conflict resolution laid forth in the Peacemakers text.
* The final presentation of the project will be a 16-20-page paper. (a minimum of 12 pages should be dedicated to the 12 sections involved with the project-1 page per section)
* The structure of the paper should follow the 4-part outline provided in the Peacemakers Workbook Each part includes 3 sections of questions that will lead you to apply and communicate the principles of addressing a personal conflict in your life.*
*Since this project is of a sensitive nature, you can count on the confidentiality of the instructor as they interact with you for this assignment.
* Step 1-Submit a 1-page proposal describing the situation and person with whom you have a personal conflict that is unresolved. This personal conflict can be within the scope of your ministry, family, or vocation. This is due in Module/Week 3. Review the Peacemakers Workbook to help determine the conflict you need to address.
* Step 2-Begin to answer the questions in the Peacemakers Workbook as you read through the Peacemakers text. Note the schedule of reading on Course Schedule.
* Step 3- Meet with the person with which you have the conflict to address the issues involved. This brings the “theory” of the course to “reality.”